Disney Moana Adventure Doll with Wear and Share Hair Clip

Disney Moana Adventure Doll, 14"

Moana toy
My hair is beautiful and the "wear and share hair clip" is long gone!

The Basics: This is a 14" tall doll with removable clothing and some amazing hair.

I love how big this Moana doll's hair is!  While my four year-old makes me be the one to brush it out as it is too complicated for her, I really appreciate that Disney didn't just stick some Barbie hair on her and call it a day.  Moana came with a "wear and share" hair clip that my daughter promptly removed, put in her own hair, and then lost (I am hopeful that it will turn up again) but that hair clip didn't even begin to tame Moana's gorgeous locks.

In addition to Moana's clothing being removable, she also came with a removable bracelet and anklet.  These things are easy to remove and really, really, really hard to get back on.  The bracelet and anklet are each held by a single prong that fits through a narrow hole. The bracelet and anklet are both made out of flexible plastic, and the toy manufacturer made the unfortunate decision to make the prong out of this same material, so when you try to put it back on the doll the prong just bends back and forth and does not want to get through a narrow hole.

Moana anklet
The anklet is beautiful but the hole is tiny

My daughter is a big fan of the movie, so I had high hopes for her playing with and loving this Moana doll, however she is just not drawn to it the way she is with her other toys.  I am not sure why this is, as Moana appears to be well made and has good detail, but kids can be fickle.

Bottom Line: This doll is recommended only if your kid is a huge Moana fan.

Moana toy
I like you better without your easily lost and hard to put on accessories!

Comments